This pattern is worked in joined rounds using basic stitches including the Chain, Single, Double, and Slip!
This plant hanger is worked in one solid piece, including the hanging loops.
The full length of the Hanging Herb Holder is 23” long and about 7” wide, which is perfect for holding most flower posts of the same width.
The six loops used to hang this plant holder are an interesting feature, which also make this design very sturdy.
This can be used indoors or outdoors to hold any of your favorite plants, herbs, or flowers!
This is a great pattern to work up because:
- Hangers like this are quick and easy projects to make.
- You can use most weight 4 yarns you already have in your stash!
- This project works great with cotton yarns!
- You’ll get to practice a lot of crochet skills: joined rounds, stitch tension, gauge & size, chain, single, and triple crochet stitches, finishing techniques & more!
Before you get started…
Need some inspiration?
Check out other finished projects, here:
Not sure how to work in joined rounds?
Check out this quick video, here:
Let’s get started!
Pattern Designed By: Salena Baca Crochet. This pattern is copyright protected; it is unlawful to distribute this pattern in any form (free, sale or trade).
Bernat Handicrafter, Medium weight #4 yarn (100% cotton; 80 yds/73 m per 1.75 oz/50 g skein):
- Hot Green x 1 Skein
- Check for yarn substitutes!
- US Size H/8 5 mm Crochet Hook
- Flower Pot (4-7” tall x 4-7” wide)
- 2” hook screw
- 17 Dc Sts = 4”
- 5 Dc rows = 3.5”
- Base (diameter): 7”
- Full hanging height (length): 23”
- St(s) = stitch(es)
- Sl St = slip stitch
SPECIALTY STITCHES & TECHNIQUES
- Pattern is worked in joined rounds from the bottom up, including the chain loops for hanging.
Form adjustable loop.
Round 1 (RS): Ch 3 (first Dc here and throughout), work 11 Dc in loop, Sl St into top of first Dc to join (12 Dc)
Round 2: Ch 3, Dc in same St, 2 Dc in each St around, Sl St into top of first Dc to join (24 Dc)
Round 3: Ch 3, Dc in same St, Dc in next, [2 Dc in next, Dc in next] 11 times, Sl St into top of first Dc to join (36 Dc)
Round 4: Ch 3, Dc in same St, Dc in next 2, [2 Dc in next, Dc in next 2] 11 times, Sl St into top of first Dc to join (48 Dc)
Round 5: Ch 3, Dc in same St, Dc in next 3, [2 Dc in next, Dc in next 3] 11 times, Sl St into top of first Dc to join (60 Dc)
Round 6: Ch 10 (first Sc and Ch-9 space), [skip 9 Sts, Sc in next, Ch 9] 5 times, Sl St into 1st Ch to join (60 Sts; 6 Sc, 6 Ch-9 spaces)
Round 7: Ch 1 (first Sc), work 9 Sc in 1st Ch-9 space, work 10 Sc into each Ch-9 space around, Sl St into 1st Ch to join, Sl St into each of next 4 Sts (60 Sc)
Repeat Rounds 6 and 7 until 9 rounds are complete.
Round 10: Ch 101 (first Sc and Ch-100 space), [skip 9 Sts, Sc into next, Ch 100] 5 times, Sl St into 1st Ch to join. Fasten off, weave in ends (606 Sts; 6 Sc + 6 Ch-100 spaces)
Each ch-100 space creates 1 hanger.
- Arrange Ch-100 loops neatly on sides, taking care not to tangle.
- Place the plant into flower pot, then into Herb Holder.
- Gather 1 long Ch loop at a time, until all 6 are held; adjust pot holder and plant as necessary.
- Ensure 2 in./5 cm hook screw is securely in place and transfer all Ch loops onto hook.
Peace + Love + Crochet