The Easy Crochet Ear Warmer is quick to make, great for beginners, and can be worked in 5 different sizes!
This design is worked in short rows using basic crochet stitches, and is a great pattern because:
- Accessories are quick and easy projects to work up, especially with super bulky yarn!
- Just one skein makes any size!
- This project is perfect for gifts!
- You’ll get to practice a lot of crochet skills: Rows, stitch tension, gauge & size, specialty stitches (like the 3rd loop and Back Loop Only), finishing techniques & more!
Before you get started…
Need some inspiration? Check out other finished projects, here:
Wondering what size Ear Warmer you should make?
Let’s get started!
Pattern Designed By: Salena Baca Crochet. This pattern is copyright protected; it is unlawful to distribute this pattern in any form (free, sale or trade).
Yarn: Sprightly Yarns Acrylic Super Bulky, Super Bulky #6 yarn (100% acrylic; 3.5oz / 100g, 109yds / 100m):
- Suede, 1 skein (all sizes)
- Check for yarn substitutes!
- US J/10 (6 mm) hook
- Yarn needle
- 14 Sts = 4”, 8 rows = 4”
- 4” wide x 16 (18, 20, 22, 24)” length (around, once joined)
Specialty Stitches & Techniques:
- 3rd Loop = When looking at wrong side of Hdc, horizontal bar just below front loop of Hdc St.
- Back Loop Only = When looking at the top of a St, the loop that is farthest away from you.
- Ear Warmer worked in rows, then first and last rows are sewn together to join and form a tube (see tutorial for joining instructions).
INSTRUCTIONS: 16 (18, 20, 22, 24)” Size
Row 1 (Right Side): Ch 15, skip 1 Ch (not a St), work 1 Hdc into each Ch across – 14 Hdc
Row 2: Ch 1 (not a St), turn, work 1 Hdc into 3rd loop of each St across – 14 Hdc
Row 3: Ch 1 (not a St), turn, work 1 Hdc into BLO of each St across – 14 Hdc
Repeat rows 2-3 until 32 (36, 40, 42, 48) rows are complete. Fasten off 20” tail.
Finishing (all sizes)
- Fold fabric in half by length, so that Right Side is held together.
- Do not twist fabric; bring row 1 together with last row worked.
- Evenly insert half of last row fold into first row fold, so that beginning yarn tail is on bottom left and 20” yarn tail is on top right.
- Thread yarn needle onto 20” tail end. Evenly sew both ends of fabric together (through all 4 folded sections).
Peace + Love + Crochet