This pattern is worked in joined rounds using basic stitches including the Chain, Single, Triple, and Slip! The single-loop handle fits perfectly into one hand, making this crochet bag very easy to carry!
The Triple Stitch Tote is 13.5” tall by 5.25” wide (11″ around), which is perfect for holding a water bottle, produce, glass jars while you’re grocery shopping, or a gift like wine, candles or flowers! Solid stitches alternate every round, creating fabric that is sturdy on the single rounds and flexible on the triple rounds.
The single-loop handle is a unique design that makes this bag really easy to carry. Also, a tiny opening is made opposite the loop handle, designed as a way to easily close the top of the bag by looping the handle through it whenever you need.
This is a great pattern to work up because:
- Tote bags are quick and easy projects to make.
- You can use most weight 4 yarns you already have in your stash!
- This project works great with cotton yarns, plant-based fibers, or acrylics!
- You’ll get to practice a lot of crochet skills: joined rounds, stitch tension, gauge & size, chain, single, and triple crochet stitches, finishing techniques & more!
Before you get started…
Need some inspiration? Check out other finished projects, here:
Let’s get started!
Pattern Designed By: Salena Baca Crochet. This pattern is copyright protected; it is unlawful to distribute this pattern in any form (free, sale or trade).
KnitPicks Dishie, Medium weight #4 yarn (100% cotton; 190 yds per 100 g skein):
- Honeydew, 1 skein
- Check for yarn substitutes!
- US Size G/6 4.00 mm Crochet Hook
- 17 pattern Sts = 4”
- 8 pattern rows = 4”
- 5.25” wide x 13.5” tall (without handle)
- Handle measure 4” tall
- St(s) = stitch(es)
- Sl St = slip stitch
SPECIALTY STITCHES & TECHNIQUES
- Pattern worked in joined rounds from the bottom up.
- Height may be adjusted by adding or omitting repeating rounds.
- Pull the handle loop through Ch-5 space to close the top of the tote.
Round 1: Form adjustable loop, Ch 3 (not a stitch, here and throughout), work 15 Tc into loop, Sl St into top of first St to join – 15 Tc
Round 2: Ch 1 (not a St, here and throughout), work 2 Sc into each St around, Sl St into top of first St to join – 30 Sc
Round 3: Ch 3 (not a St, here and throughout), [Tc, work 2 Tc into next St] 15 times, Sl St into top of first St to join – 45 Tc
Round 4: Ch 1, work 1 Sc into each St around, Sl St into top of first St to join – 45 Sc
Round 5: Ch 3, work 1 Tc into each St around, Sl St into top of first St to join – 45 Tc
Repeat rounds 4 and 5 until 26 rounds are complete (ending on a round 4 repeat)
Round 27: Ch 1, work 1 Sc into next 20 Sts, Ch 5, skip 5 Sts, work 1 Sc into next 20 Sts, Ch 30 (handle), Sl St into top of first St to join – 75 Sts; 40 Sc + 35 Ch
Round 28-29: Ch 1, work 1 Sc into each St around, Sl St into top of first St to join – 75 Sc
Fasten off after the last round is complete, weave in all ends.
Peace + Love + Crochet