This scarf uses a classic chevron stitch pattern, but the construction anything but ordinary because this scarf is a tube!
While most scarves are worked flat in rows, this design is worked in joined rounds to create a tube shape, making this style extra plush and cozy!
This scarf pattern is worked in joined rounds using basic stitches, including the Chain, Double and Slip stitches! It’s a great pattern because:
- You can easily substitute other weights and types of yarns (measure as you go)!
- Scarves are super quick and easy projects to work up!
- You can use yarn you already have in your stash!
- This project can be made with fibers you think are comfortable to wear!
- You’ll get to practice a lot of crochet skills: joined rounds, stitch tension, gauge & size, chart reading, simple stitch repeat, finishing techniques & more!
Before you get started…
Need some inspiration? Check out other finished projects, here:
Need a few more tips to feel confident about yarn substitution?
Let’s get started!
Pattern Designed By: Salena Baca Crochet. This pattern is copyright protected; it is unlawful to distribute this pattern in any form (free, sale or trade).
Lion Brand Yarn Ferris Wheel, medium weight #4 yarn (100% Acrylic; 270 yds/247 m per 3 oz/85 g cake):
- Morning Java x 2 cakes
- Check for yarn substitutes!
HOOK & OTHER MATERIALS
- US Size H/8 5.00 mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- 18.5 pattern stitches = 4”
- 7 pattern rows = 4”
- 12” around (6” flat) x 56” long
- Scarf worked in joined rounds to form a tube.
- Stitch pattern can be replicated in multiples of 10, and any row multiple.
- Adjust length of pattern by working row repeat, then measure as you go until desired length is reached.
- Pattern may be worked in other yarn weights and types as desired. Measure as you go to check results.
Ch 60, Sl St to 1st Ch to join (careful not to twist).
Round 1 (Right Side): Ch 3 (first Dc, here and throughout), work 1 Dc into each of next 3 Chs, Ch 2, [work 1 Dc into each of next 4 Chs, skip 2 Ch, work 1 Dc into each of next 4 Chs, Ch 2] 5 times, work 1 Dc into each of next 4 Chs, skip 2 Ch, Sl St into top of first Dc to join - 60 Sts; 48 Dc + 12 Ch
Round 2: Sl St into next St, Ch 3, work 1 Dc into each of next 3 Sts, Ch 2, [work 1 Dc into each of next 4 Sts, skip 2 Sts, work 1 Dc into each of next 4 Sts, Ch 2] until 6 Sts remain unworked, work 1 Dc into each of next 4 Sts, skip 2 Sts, Sl St into top of first Dc to join - 60 Sts; 48 Dc + 12 Ch
Repeat round 2 until 95 rounds are complete, fasten off.
Sew in ends, trim excess.
Peace + Love + Crochet