If you love to learn new crochet stitches, give this simple and textured one try!
This design is worked with just the chain, single and double crochet stitches with just one repeating row! It’s a great stitch to try because:
- Practice it with cotton yarn to make a washcloth!
- The textured fabric is great for the kitchen or bathroom!
- Washcloths are great gift ideas!
- You’ll get to practice crochet skills: even stitch and pattern tension, gauge & size, finishing techniques & more!
Before you get started…
Need some inspiration? Check out other finished Woven Washcloths, here:
Like learning new crochet stitches? We have over 30 stitch tutorials:
Let’s get started!
Pattern Designed By: Salena Baca Crochet. This pattern is copyright protected; it is unlawful to distribute this pattern in any form (free, sale or trade).
Yarn: The example was made with Lily Sugar’n Cream yarn (100% cotton).
Tools: US Size (H/8) 5 mm crochet hook, measuring tape, scissors.
Gauge: Not crucial for this project
Finished Size: 8.5″ x 8.5″
Stitch Guide: Ch(s) – chain(s), Sc – single crochet, St(s) – stitch(es), Dc – double crochet
- This stitch pattern can be repeated in any even multiple (add 1 for the turning ch, which does not count as a st).
- Want to learn more about stitch repeats? Check out our Sizing Course (part of the Learning Path, included in the Crochet Membership).
- You can finish this project by weaving or sewing in ends! Check out our video tutorial to learn more about both!
Row 1: Skip 1 Ch (not a St), [Sc into 1 St, Dc into next St] across row – 28 Sts; 14 Sc + 14 Dc
Row 2: Ch 1 (not a St), turn, [Sc into 1 St, Dc into next St] across row – 28 Sts; 14 Sc + 14 Dc
Repeat row 2 until 24 rows complete, fasten off.
Finishing: Sew in ends, trim excess.
If you enjoyed this pattern, please let us know in the comments!
Peace + Love + Crochet